Sunday, September 16, 2007

Well that'll be England out of the RWC, then won't it...

Unless, of course, they can beat Samoa and/or Tonga - a little unlikely I think. I'd have to say that I think this is going to be an antipodean final, SA are playing well; but I'm not sure they can beat either Australia or New Zealand... Still it'll be interesting to see what happens!

I've just finished Aldous Huxley's Brave New World - interesting book, if a little dated - but it was written seventy-five years ago... Moving onto Use Of Weapons by Iain M Banks, the third Culture novel. I found The Player Of Games a little hard going at first, but have been getting through the other Culture novels at a rate of knots.

It looks like the next version of Mac OS X - Leopard, is due for release next month - a fun, short round of upgrading the operating system is in order me thinks - although nowhere near as painful as a Windows upgrade...

I've been at the alter of StarShip Sofa this morning, as Tony and Ciaran began a two parter on Vernor Vinge. An interesting, as ever, look at a science fiction writer; if you've not heard any of the StarShip Sofa podcast and like science fiction, they you really should check it out...

Episode 13 of Terra Incognita was send to Podiobooks.com yesterday and should be available from there soon. It's also available on Podshow and also listed at the BritCaster.com site.

Cheers,

Gary

No comments: